STOP! Read Student Account Activation Instructions below. Then click HERE to purchase your USM Tk20 Student Account.
SCROLL DOWN for Account Activation, Login, and Technical Support Info!
Student Account Activation Instructions:
Failure to follow these instructions will delay account activation.
1) To activate your Tk20 account, you must purchase a Tk20 subscription using a credit/debit card or purchase a Tk20 Student Access Kit from the USM Barnes & Noble Bookstore (you must contact the USM Bookstore to purchase the Student Access Kit prior to proceeding to Step 2).
2) Once you have chosen your payment method, click on "...Click HERE to purchase your USM Tk20 Student Account" link at the top of this page, and select which payment method you are using.
3) Follow the instructions to complete the student contact, registration, and payment information (a credit/debit card or student access kit code purchased from the bookstore). When completing this step, you must enter your USM Student ID# (do NOT include the "W") and you MUST use your USM email address in every instance where you are asked to provide this information. Please note that your USM email address must be entered using the "email@example.com" format. Using the "wIDfirstname.lastname@example.org" format will delay activation.
4) Upon completion of Steps 1-3, depending on your payment method, you will receive one or two emails confirming your order and your payment transaction - please retain these emails for your records.
5) Once your payment is processed and your Tk20 account is activated, which can take 2-3 business days, you will receive another email from Tk20 confirming that your account has been activated.
6) Once your account is active, come back to this page and enter your SOAR credentials in the Username (W+USM ID#) and Password (SOAR Password) at the top of the page to log into your account. Click on the green "Log Into Your Account" button.
**Please note that if you are a new USM student, account activation may take a little longer. In any case, if you do not receive a Tk20 account activation email after 3 business days or if you entered incorrect information when purchasing your account, please refer to and follow the instructions located at the bottom of the Tk20 *order confirmation* email. If you have questions or need assistance, please email us at Tk20@usm.edu. **
Login Instructions for USM Students, Faculty, & Staff:
To access your Tk20 account, enter your SOAR credentials (W+USM ID# and SOAR Password). If you are unable to log into your Tk20 account, please try logging into another campus platform (SOAR, Canvas, Email, etc.) using the same SOAR credentials. If you are able to log into another campus platform, the problem is most likely a temporary Tk20 server error, a data entry error, or a problem with your device. Please scroll down this page to the "Technical Tips" section for technical assistance tips, which can help you resolve many login errors and other issues on your own. However, if you cannot log into another campus platform, try resetting your SOAR password. Please contact the USM iTech Help Desk at (601) 266-4357. When contacting the USM iTech Help Desk, you MUST indicate that you need help resetting your SOAR password (NOT your Tk20 password). Once your SOAR password is reset, try logging into Tk20 again. If all attempts to correct the log in error fail, email the USM Tk20 Admin Team (Tk20@usm.edu) from your USM email address. Please provide your full name, USM ID#, a phone number, a description of the problem, any error messages that you have received, and what you have done to try to resolve the issue. If necessary, you may embed screenshots in your email but do not send attachments. Someone will respond to your request within 1-2 business days.
Login Instructions for Cooperating Teachers, Field Instructors, & Mentors:
You do not need to remember a username and password! Once field placements are confirmed and binders are published, the Office of Educational Field Experiences will send you an email (via Tk20 to the email address you provided) that contains a direct link to your student teacher's binder. Please save this email so you can use the direct link each time you wish to access the binder. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk/clutter/spam email folders. If the email was delivered to one of these folders, you MUST drag the email into your INBOX before the binder link will work. If you cannot locate this email, call the Office of Educational Field Experiences at (601) 266-4571. If you experience technical difficulties when trying to access a binder, please refer to the section below for helpful tips for resolving most technical issues. If all else fails, please email the USM Tk20 Admin Team at email@example.com.
FOR ALL USERS: Technical Tips...
If you experience technical issues when attempting to log in, access a binder, or upload files, try these tips before contacting support:
1) If you are a USM student, faculty, or staff member, be sure to use the correct SOAR credentials (see instructions above). Using the wrong SOAR credentials usually results in a "PIN Expired" error message or an error message that indicates you do not have an account. When entering your ID# in the username box, use an uppercase "W". If that does not work, re-enter your ID# with a lowercase "w".
2) When logging in with your SOAR credentials, you must manually enter your username and password each time. For security reasons, Tk20 does NOT allow the use of "saved" usernames and/or passwords. Using "saved" usernames/passwords usually results in a "PIN Expired" error message. Close and reopen the browser window, go to usm.tk20.com, and manually enter your SOAR credentials.
3) If you are a non-USM user, you can bypass the login page by using the direct binder link sent to you at the beginning of the term (see above).
4) Try using a different browser - Chrome seems to work best - and make sure that it's up to date.
5) Clear your Internet history and update your browser. Close all browsers/windows/tabs, clear your computer's history/cookies/cache/temporary files, update your browser, reopen the browser window, manually enter the Tk20 URL (usm.tk20.com), and then manually enter your SOAR credentials. This tip also works if you are experiencing other technical issues such as failed document uploads and "timed out" error messages.
6) Tk20 does not allow users to have more than one Tk20 window open at a time and it does not allow users to be logged in on more than one device at a time. Make sure that you are logged out of Tk20 on all devices and that you are logged in only once on the same device.
7) Unfortunately, some locations lack a strong Internet connection, some computers are slow/outdated, and some school districts restrict access to certain sites. If you suspect this is the case, make sure that you have a strong and stable connection, try logging in on a different computer or from another location, and/or make sure that your school/district is not blocking the Tk20 site. If this is the case, please report it to your school/district IT team.
8) If file uploads fail, please make sure that each file is less than 100MB and make sure that all videos are compressed before uploading. If the file is less than 100MB, try the tips listed above and try uploading again.
If you still cannot access TK20 or if other technical issues persist, please contact the USM Tk20 Admin Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Tk20 corporate student account support team at 1-800-311-5656 or Tk20/Watermark Support at email@example.com. When emailing, please use your USM email account (if applicable) and provide specific details about your issue and enough information so that you can be properly identified (for example, your role as student, faculty, cooperating teacher; your name as it appears in Tk20; student id#; course prefix and number, the type of error message you have received, etc.).
School of Social Work Users Only:
Have questions? Please contact your system administrator.
Administrator: Jenine Housewright, Social Work Field Education Specialist
Professional Education Unit Users:
For questions regarding this system, please contact your system administrator.